Every image, not restricted by the clause NOT AVAILABLE FOR COPYING, can also be used for ‘editorial’ purposes. The Editorial use only clause imply that a few images must not be used for commercial purposes.
“Editorial Use” means that an image is used as a descriptive visual reference – an example of a person, place, thing or event.
An Editorial use only image CAN be used:
- in a newspaper or magazine article,
- on a blog or website for descriptive purposes,
- in a non-commercial presentation.
An Editorial use only image CANNOT be used:
- in any kind of advertising or promotional material,
- in the creation of items or products for resale (e.g., prints, posters, mugs, stationery, calendars, electronic templates, etc.),
- for any ‘advertorial’ purposes (ie: in sections or supplements in relation to which you receive or pay a fee).