The Editorial use only clause imply that the image must not be used for commercial purposes.
“Editorial Use” = as a descriptive visual reference, f.ex. of a person, place, thing or event.
An Editorial use only image MAY be used with:
- a newspaper or magazine article,
- a blog or website for descriptive purposes,
- a non-commercial presentation -
- but NOT with:
- any kind of advertising or promotional material,
- the creation of items or products for resale (e.g., prints, posters, mugs, stationery, calendars, electronic templates, etc.),
- for any ‘advertorial’ purposes (ie: in sections or supplements in relation to which you receive or pay a fee).